January 16, 2018, 09:54:23 am

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
In the Shed / Re: Got her running but????????
« Last post by paul 810 on January 15, 2018, 10:39:57 pm »
Cheers mate I will check
In the Shed / Re: Got her running but????????
« Last post by frew168 on January 15, 2018, 09:09:01 pm »
Hi Paul,
Not sure why the reg rec should have gone but check the 30 amp fuse on the new wiring.It is a waterproof inline fuse holder . (might have forgotten to put one in it)
Events and Meets / Re: Scottish trip
« Last post by frew168 on January 15, 2018, 08:19:47 pm »
Definitely in Bif. Loooking forward to it tremendously
In the Shed / Re: vf 1000 f Front fork diagram?
« Last post by speedygp on January 14, 2018, 10:22:15 am »
Hi Insignis,
thanks mate, yeah I found one in the meantime, in the parts book, whch I enlarged- not the best, now I`ll check out the site you recommended.
cheers
greg
Events and Meets / Re: Scottish trip
« Last post by bif on January 13, 2018, 11:07:40 pm »
Got you Paul,that's a head count of seven to date.
Accommodation on the west coast is tight due to the Scottish six day trial(that's what all the police were in Fort William for Pete,not your tax being out for a day)
Friday night will be in Dundee at the premier inn next to the sea front (£24 not including breakfast)
Saturday will be in Bettyhill on the north coast (£43 including breakfast)
Sunday in Pitlochry (still negotiating)
Twin rooms so we will all have to buddy up.
Be assured of fabulous roads as well as beer and haggis for the true disciples.
GMCC has not as yet confirmed but I will book for 8 anyway.
Any other interested parties need to confirm sooner rather than later.
Regards Bif
Owners Lounge / Re: So what's the most sought after VFR?
« Last post by jeremyr62 on January 12, 2018, 07:26:06 pm »
I think we interpreted it as meaning which VF1000R  :)
Forum Picture Gallery / Re: VF1000RG
« Last post by Bruce on January 12, 2018, 03:08:33 pm »
Thank you so much
Owners Lounge / Re: So what's the most sought after VFR?
« Last post by Faxe on January 12, 2018, 02:31:01 pm »
From my Point of view it's the VFR750R (RC30)
Forum Picture Gallery / Re: VF1000RG
« Last post by Faxe on January 12, 2018, 08:41:55 am »
Not by 100% it needs to be SC16 2200.... to have a 86 non US Version. It has the oil cooler.

But the decals (original vs. aftermarket) are little bit different. For example the rear seet cover VF1000R. In original it's one piece and the outline is also in pearl colour. If it is repainted they tend to have only the letters cut from foil.
Same apllies to tank and upper fairing. the red/gold stripes are one Piece also with blue/Pearl border areas. The big HONDA/1000R on lower fairing is in Pearl colour, aftermarkt tend to be white foil.
In the Shed / Re: VF1000F2 speedo flicking around and reading high
« Last post by insignis on January 11, 2018, 08:29:38 pm »
I have two F2s...both do exactly the same thing. I have swapped around cables (inner and outer), gearbox drives, and of course the actual units. I have tried a brand new cable (so that’s three cables in total). I have tried two different types of grease (lithium and something general), and then powdered graphite. Same result. My conclusion is that there was a bad batch of instruments (perhaps just in the 460 bikes that came to Australia?), and particularly the little plastic gear that drives the odometer. What I currently ride with is a speedo that initially works accurately and steadily, then as riding time progresses the needle swings and reads wildly optimistic (200km/h+ in third gear...who would have thought that possible 😀). My best guess is that the heat generated through use (friction of all those gears whirring around inside the unit) causes the instrument to malfunction. Normal service resumes once the speedo ‘cools down’ (I park the bike at work for the day). And of course neither odometer works. Both my speedometers are in great external condition, never dropped or damaged. One of them had travelled just 18,000km from new, initially fine, but it stopped working reliably just short of 20,000km. I’ve owned at least a dozen Honda’s over the years, road and off-road, and have never known this issue with any of them, except the F2. Is it the way the cable is routed on the F2? Seems conventional, and there’s no evidence of wear, abrasion or kinks.  I agree with someone’s earlier comment about the quality of Honda instruments....except the F2. In fact I’ve never had this issue with any bike, Honda or not. I enjoy riding the F2, now I just take a device with me (Velcroed to the triple clamp) to calculate speed and distance, and ignore the needle that oscillates madly and the trip counter permanently stuck on 0000. Let me know what your investigation turns up. Would love to have a solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10