February 20, 2018, 07:35:27 am

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
In the Shed / Re: Dynojetting BolDor carbs
« Last post by bif on February 19, 2018, 09:18:34 pm »
FE and RE use the same slide,FF,F2F,RF and RG use a different one.
The only difference I can see is the slide hole diameter,remember the early models carbs vent into the air box and FF on vent to atmosphere.The revision kit has later model slides,blanking plugs for the air box and linked air pipes that vent outside the air box.
It also contains a set of 110 main jets.
The factory notes on the kit suggest problems with lean running at high revs and problems with hot starting could be rectified by fitting this.
Regards Bif
In the Shed / Re: Dynojetting BolDor carbs
« Last post by garyb on February 19, 2018, 01:32:13 pm »
Couldn't remember drilling out holes in slides but when I looked at drill it had been used ( it was a long time ago ) so I removed slide from rear cylinder and found it had been drilled out so I must have swapped slides from FE when I swapped spring and needles, anyhow I checked needle clip position and it is second groove down. Biff are all the slides the same for the different models and if not what is the difference?  I'm happy with how the carburation feels on the RE but the FE feels very sluggish though it still has the 150 jets in so is going to be very rich with standard filter and needles.

Gary
Sales and Wants / Wanted,FE fairing sides in black and silver
« Last post by bif on February 17, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »
Looking for left and right sides of the fairing in new or extremely good condition and priced accordingly.
Post on this thread or PM me if you prefer
Regards Bif
Sales and Wants / VF1000R Cams For Sale
« Last post by DonR on February 14, 2018, 04:52:31 am »
Put up some cams for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. One worn lobe though.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/253425966747?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
In the Shed / Re: gascap lock broken, alternative for vf1000
« Last post by vf pete on February 09, 2018, 07:04:57 am »
Hi trabbart..

The vf750f and the cbx750fe used the same fuel filler cap as the vf1000...  There is one tatty cbx750fe cap on eBay at the moment.. you can also get an aftermarket one from Japan/ China brand new for about £15, it doesn't look exactly the same but may do untill an original turns up..
Sales and Wants / Carbs for Sale, First Post!
« Last post by djf18374 on February 08, 2018, 06:55:19 pm »
Hello forum members! First post here for me, but I've been lurking for a while now. I ended up selling my 84VF1000F around Christmas time, and I have leftover parts.

Complete set of carbs for the 84 vf1000F, cleaned, has a DynoJet kit with tapered needles, jetted, and shortened springs. These were used on a bike with stock airbox and aftermarket Cobra F1 slip ons so the jetting is not too radical. The bike actually ran well with bone stock carbs so I left these off of it.

Only one small flaw with them, one of the mixture screw heads had been stripped by the previous owner. I center drilled it and lightly tapped a torx bit into it. That allowed for removal and adjustment of the screw. Nothing is seized or broken, just might want to get a new mix screw if it suits your needs.

Let me know if you're interested, and if not I'll post them up on ebay in a couple weeks and see if they sell there.
In the Shed / Re: gascap lock broken, alternative for vf1000
« Last post by bif on February 07, 2018, 08:50:36 pm »
I don't know of another fuel cap that fits the VF,If you have a spare on another tank is it unlocked?
If not a good locksmith should be able to help,just remember to press the cap down as it's being unlocked
If your spare is open,unscrew from the tank and the key number is on the underside of the fixing bracket
Regards Bif
In the Shed / gascap lock broken, alternative for vf1000
« Last post by trabbart on February 07, 2018, 07:54:51 am »
i have had to drill the lock out, it was getting harder and harder to get it open with the key untill it didnt go at all.
i wonder wat the alternative would be,
i cant find a gas cap for a decent price. vf1000 parts aren't easy to find local or expensive.
does anybody have the part number or knows wat other honda used the same gas cap.
most of them sell all the locks together witch make it more expensive, a gas cap without a key lock would be fine to.
aftermarket part mabye ??
i have another one, sits on a spare tank, but unfortunatly i have no key for that one,  unknown history also. any solution for that?
VF1000 / Re: Where to start!
« Last post by 86VF1kR on February 06, 2018, 04:54:07 pm »
Stator is a Rick's Motorsport from Parts Unlimited #2112-0387. Cover gasket from eBay since OEM wan't available from Honda

Regards
VF1000 / Re: Where to start!
« Last post by ascalon on February 06, 2018, 12:44:22 pm »
That is a fair amount of work!

Well done, it looks a cracker now.

Question though, where did you gett he new stator? I suspect mine to be weak on my FF.

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10