November 20, 2017, 04:55:59 pm

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
VF750 / Re: VF750 Shaft
« Last post by atassiedevil on Today at 10:43:35 am »
Got one with only 2k miles from new on it.
Great bike, a bit marmite looks wise, but i personally like it. Not as quick handling wise as the 750f, but still doesn't handle too badly.
Fantastic engine too, and the 6th "overdrive" gear means the engine isn't at all stressed when you're cruising.
The self cancelling indicators take some getting used to, and i like the dash a lot. Lots of information and tools.
C.
VF1000 / Re: Wilbers 641 remote reservoir mounting
« Last post by garyb on November 19, 2017, 02:54:10 pm »
decided to mount on right hand passenger foot peg bracket so i can adjust it though i've just been out for a ride and its fantastic, i don't think it will be improved by tinkering. i needed to raise seat height so followed biffs advice and went for a boldor shock instead of the vf1000r one this was about 10mm longer than standard and then extended the ride height adjustment about half way out and the result is the seat height is now about 10cm higher.

garyb
VF1000 / Wilbers 641 remote reservoir mounting
« Last post by garyb on November 16, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
Hi all, wilbers shock arrived at last and fitted it today with no problems but could do with some suggestions for location of remote reservoir that won't make my eyes water!! Bike is a VF1000RE , most likely place looks like the sub frame below tail piece on the right side but looks like it could be mounted on frame rail below right hand side cover though heat from engine will not do it any good. Any pictures of where you have mounted yours would be great especially if it can still be adjusted.

Garyb
Forum Picture Gallery / Re: The Pirat
« Last post by Faxe on November 13, 2017, 01:12:54 pm »
Hello together. I finished work and put her on the wheels again.

Here what I did on the 86 Rothmans:

New Pistons for front brakes, new rubber seals for the brakes, new brake pads.
New master cylinders for brakes and clutch. New hydraulic line for clutch.
New front springs and front fork seals. New steering bearing.
New sprokets and chain. Replaced right side swing arm bearing.
Cleaned all other rear suspension bearings and put new seals and grease.
Put in CBR600F (PC25) rims with new bearings.
New YSS rear Suspension.

I will ride it next Season and plan a paint Job if it runs without Problems.

The other pic is from my old 85 US Version. Engine died with heavy worn cams.
Events and Meets / Re: Scottish trip
« Last post by vf pete on November 12, 2017, 09:57:29 am »
Yep.. those dates are good for me.. can't wait.
VF1000 / Re: Where to start!
« Last post by Ejs3 on November 10, 2017, 03:53:48 am »
Thank you All! Looking forward to more good advise
Events and Meets / Re: Scottish trip
« Last post by bif on November 09, 2017, 11:03:58 pm »
Looks like May 4-7 2018 for the Scottish bash next year.
There are plenty more fabulous roads to ride,time to get my thinking cap on.
It's never too early to register interest,it gives me a head start on finding suitable accommodation
Best regards Bif
« Last post by windysolar1 on November 09, 2017, 04:19:18 pm »
dont forget to put air in them like i did   ::)
« Last post by Faxe on November 09, 2017, 03:38:00 pm »
86 1000r...unfortunatly not registered yet. She still needs some love. ; )

No cooling liquid through the Frame ... but coolant replacement is needed. And use anti corrosion additive.

Check also front fork springs (maybe replace seals). Mine were under Service Limit.

Remove swing arm and clean and put fresh grease on all bearings.
« Last post by trabbart on November 08, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »
replace cooling fluid as well, the fluid runs trough the frame and some chromed tubes, old fluid does not stop or prevent rust ,  the fluid i had taken out  was brown like coffee with milk.  did a flush 3 times, now the waterpump  makes a little wistling noise because the po didnt take care of the old fluid and kept it running with the rusty water.
i did an oil change and filter , and i have allready droven 500 miles without any problem, 
its a very nice bike to drive, lots of torque, i can make wheelies easy . feels as strong as a new bike.
also new tires where a huge difference in handling,  , from a poor steering and cornering bike into a verry precise sportbike.
i have now 5 bikes and some of them are a lot faster , some are slower, but the vf1000f is my favorite bike .   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10