January 17, 2018, 07:09:42 am

Author Topic: cam timing  (Read 26826 times)

philjo

• VF1000 Pro
    • ICQ Messenger -
    • MSN Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: cam timing
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »
Now you would believe that the amount of times I have read these posts and done engine rebuilds that I should have known better.....cams in..........cams out............. cams in................. cams out....................cams in...............burn the Clymer manual! Phil.

Mackan

• VF1000 Owner
    • ICQ Messenger -
    • MSN Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:18 am »
Didn't bother to read all the posts, but I can add to the falang telling the Clymer manual is WRONG!
I had my engine split some 15 years ago and put it back together according to book. Some valve hit it's piston when I tried to turn the crank (by hand fortunately!). Luckily I had pictured what everything looked like before I took it apart. As Phil, and others, say: All cams go in on the 1-3 mark and all cam sprockets align with cam cover face. I ran my bike 60000 km after doing this, and now I am at the same stage again after having the cylinders rebored.
90000 km is just a start...

hippo

• VF1000 Owner
    • ICQ Messenger -
    • MSN Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:52 am »
My dim and distant memory is that Clymer didn't even get everything right in their manual for the CB175, so what's the chance with a V4? :-/
If I'm reading this, I've obviously mistaken my computer for a bike again!

stephen

• VF1000 Owner
    • ICQ Messenger -
    • MSN Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »
well it was 2006 when i first posted this its now 2014 bike still on road going great not done a thing to the engine since 2006 it just goes and goes , only things done ive put racing pads in to help it stop quicker and rebuilt rear damper which took some working out, now 55 but still stupid got chased by police on for being silly but police cars arnt as fast well most of them arnt didnt get me got my son instead he wasnt happy he told me to grow up  :)dont think so