February 23, 2018, 08:32:13 am

Author Topic: Fan Temperature  (Read 158 times)

PointerX

• VF1000 Owner
    • View Profile
Fan Temperature
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:33:26 am »
Hi experienced VF1000F owners! I just recently bought a 1984 VF1000F. I had it running in my garage for a while last week. The temperature gauge got pretty close to the H Mark and the fan still wasn’t on. When does it usually come on on these bikes? I don’t want to install a manual switch for it. I would rather it to come on automatically but I’m not sure when it should.

Thanks,
Jason.

bif

• Administrator
  • VF1000 God
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fan Temperature
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:08:36 am »
Hi Jason,welcome to the wonderful world of the VF.
By the time the gauge is at 3/4 I would expect the fan to be running.
The actual temperature for fan on is too high IMHO (about 105)
If you look in the owners lounge section there are details of a switch that operates at 92
Worth checking the fan is operational by bridging the thermostatic switch terminals with the ignition on.
There are no relays in the circuit the thermo switch connects directly to the fan.
Hope this is of some help,regards Bif

PointerX

• VF1000 Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Temperature
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 02:53:15 pm »
Hi Bif. That’s some great information. I’ll try to find the 92 degree switch and in the meantime I’ll bridge the wires to the switch on the bike now to test the rest of the fan system. I have a CBR1000 as well and the fan comes on at 102. Not too far off the 105 but I even find that to be a little hot! Thanks for your quick and informative response!
Jason